Ingredients for Steak n Shake Frisco Patty Melt
This recipe makes four servings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp diced onions
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
For the Sauce
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp thousand Island dressing
- Combine the salad dressing and ketchup. Set aside.
- Form ground beef into 8 thin patties.
- Fry or grill until done. Set aside.
- Lightly toast all 8 slices of bread.
- Drain fat from the skillet if you fried the burgers.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp butter to the skillet and cook the onions until softened.
- Remove the onions and set aside.
Layer as follows from bottom to top
bread, American cheese, burger, Swiss cheese, burger, American cheese, onions, salad dressing, bread.
Note: Place sandwich in skillet and toast 1-2 minutes on each side to melt the cheeses